We get lots of question about fillers. Since Juvéderm is one of the most popular, let’s take a few minutes to “fill” you in on this one. Juvéderm is an injectable dermal filler made of hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid fillers are known for their flexibility and smooth, natural appearance.
This versatile product is an excellent choice for filling in small, vertical lines around the lips, as well as deeper nasolabial folds on the face. It can also be used for enhancing facial volume or features, such as sculpting or restoring volume to cheeks, restructuring the chin or nose and adding volume or restoring definition to lips.
When injected into the lip, it creates the perfect pout and can restore a more youthful and/or sensuous look. Juvéderm works equally well for men and women from a variety of ethnic backgrounds. The effects of Juvéderm last up to a year.
Unlike other fillers, it is supplied in different densities that are designed for a specific treatment areas or indications. A mixture of densities may be used to help you achieve your desired appearance. Fine lines, as well as deeper wrinkles can be effectively treated with Juvéderm. This treatment also improves the vertical or “smoker’s lines” along the edges of the lip. We can tailor Juvéderm to your needs or desires—you might want a fuller lip and more dramatic results, while others choose a much more conservative correction to only restore what has been lost over time.
Treatments are done in the office and take about 30 minutes. The number of syringes needed for optimal treatment will vary. We’ll discuss this with you prior to treatment so you’ll know how much will be needed for the results you desire. Results are immediate, and you can return to your regular activities the next day.
- Do call if you have any questions or concerns after treatment
- Do let us help you make the decision about what dermal filler is the most appropriate for you
- Do allow at least two weeks before any big upcoming event for your best results
- Do regular treatments and maintenance to assure a more natural look
- Don’t worry about being allergic to Juvederm. You will NOT need pretesting
- When choosing a filler, don’t make your decisions based on price
- If possible, don’t take aspirin, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, fish oil or other blood thinning medications, vitamins or supplements for at least one week prior to injections
- Don’t wait for Juvederm to wear off or disappear completely before being retreated