Know Someone Who Needs a Tummy Tuck?

22 Mar

Please note: This study is closed, but if another opens up, we will post a new alert. Thank you!

We are looking for candidates for a new study here at Marina Plastic Surgery. We’ve been selected by Cohera Medical, lnc. as one of five plastic surgery centers in the U.S. to participate in a national clinical research trial to test an experimental product – a tissue glue – that may aid in wound closure following abdominoplasty surgery www.coheramedical.com/products/tissuglu/patient_information.

The “tummy tuck” surgery www.losangelestummytuck.com as it is commonly called will be performed by either by me or Dr. Michelle Spring at our fully accredited surgical center.  Financial consideration will be made for qualified participants.

tummy tuck compress.jpeg

Typical tummy tuck patients are frustrated that they cannot lose that last hanging flabby skin.  No creams will lift lax tummy skin, no amount of crunches will tighten loose stomach muscles, and even the healthiest diet will not be able to reduce certain fat deposits along the abdominal wall. Only a tummy tuck can help address this problem area sufficiently.

We are looking for specific types of patients who fit the study qualifications. These qualifications include:

• 18 years of age or older

• Non-smoker

• General good health

• Not pregnant or nursing

• No previous abdominoplasty

• Agree to not schedule any additional elective surgeries involving an incision to the abdomen until your study participation is complete

• Are available for follow up evaluations for three months following surgery

During the initial qualifying consultation, we will review your medical history. Photos will be taken and you should bring a list of medications, vitamins and herbal supplements that you take.

For more information, call 877-298-9915.

48 Responses to “Know Someone Who Needs a Tummy Tuck?”

1. Anni Bricca March 22, 2013 at 10:26 am #

This is such a great opportunity for someone seeking a tummy tuck. Two world class surgeons in one of the best practices in the nation. I look forward to seeing the results!

• iris ruiz March 31, 2014 at 2:08 pm #

I would love to join the study for a tummy tuck. I lost wieght but never could get my tummy flat.

2. Lisa Newton March 22, 2013 at 1:54 pm #

Do you have to have saggy abdominal skin?

• drgrantstevens April 25, 2013 at 7:48 am #

Saggy skin or a lot of stretched skin is typical but if in doubt schedule a complementary consultation.

• iris ruiz July 19, 2014 at 7:35 am #

Yrs I lost some weight floppy stomach can’t get my tummy flat. Am 46 yrs old and feeling depress about my saggy skin.. not sexy

3. Ashlee March 28, 2013 at 9:31 pm #

I would love to be in a trial study. Heck I would love to have my flat tummy again.

4. Beautymindedwoman April 4, 2013 at 8:29 am #

I’ve just made my appt fr tomorrow with Dr. Stevens. I almost reach my weight goal and am contemplating for this. I’m not saggy but I have bulge from 4 pregnancies. It says “financial consideration” is a term of cut price for being in trial study if you are approved. I’m going to find out what dr. Stevens going to say about my tummy and I might post it later.

• stephanie April 10, 2013 at 7:48 pm #

what phone number did you call i get no options for the trial when i call and ive emailed with no answer whAT price are you looking at paying for a tummy tuck

5. Cleo April 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

Are you all still looking for candidates… I’ve recently had two kids and dropped some weight therefore I have a lot of excess skin, I’d love to have a tummy tuck but cannot afford one at this time.

• drgrantstevens April 25, 2013 at 7:47 am #

Yes, definitely. Please call the office and mention that you are interested in the study.

6. Nia May 29, 2013 at 11:47 pm #

Does this offer still stand? I’m really interested! I lost 100lb after a twin pregnancy, and was left with saggy skin.

7. Octavia McNair June 30, 2013 at 9:09 pm #

I also would like to know if this still available? I would be interested.

• drgrantstevens July 6, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

We’ll be starting another study soon so watch our Facebook page and website for more info. Thanks for asking. WGS

• Stephanie July 26, 2013 at 7:46 am #

Are you still accepting patients I emailed web and Facebook one was yes one said no, I’m really interested so is it still going on

8. drgrantstevens July 26, 2013 at 9:13 am #

Hi Stephanie: I think the confusion came in because the first study was closed, but we are planning a second one, so stay tuned. We’ll announce it here and on Facebook.

9. yvette October 14, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

what id do for a flat tummy ! would be a dream come true !

10. Britney November 11, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

I am a perfect candidate for dramatic results. I have had six children, I am thin and in great shape for 44. My stomach has stretch marks and baggy skin. My breast are sagging and lost volume. Since I simply need help with breast and my tummy, my after photo would be amazing difference. Since I am the proper weight and thin it would be a great attraction for other candidates. I am a school teacher and mother, so I cannot afford the procedures. I have a twin sister who had a tummy tuck and it looks great. She is my mirror image, so I know it will look great on me also.

11. Raine Rivera March 18, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Is this still an open trial??

12. drgrantstevens March 18, 2014 at 11:49 am #

This trial is closed, but we do them on an ongoing basis so we’ll post when the next one opens. WGS

13. Delgadillo Mayra June 18, 2014 at 7:17 pm #

I’m 43 I’m 180 Pd I would like a tummy tuck.. 5″0

• lenia July 18, 2014 at 6:38 pm #

I’m a healthy weight, and meet all the requirements. I have loose skin that I’ve been living with for 10 years.Very interested in getting tummy tuck.

14. drgrantstevens June 19, 2014 at 5:36 pm #

This trial is closed, and we are waiting to see if the FDA will approve the tissue glue. Anyone interested in a tummy tuck should call the office (310) 827-2653 and book a complimentary appointment to see if you are a good candidate. Thanks, WGS.

15. Micah pimentel June 23, 2014 at 6:16 pm #

Are you still looking? Coz im interested

• mimivazquez2003 July 18, 2014 at 10:59 am #

Are you still looking for someone for the study of tummy tuck,  am still interested

Iris j Ruiz 773-780-4709

16. daisy drysdale July 15, 2014 at 9:19 am #

Please help me with a tummy tuck im 19 with 2 girls and have no confidence I feel so uncomfortable with myself please help me change my life please please if you can I really do anything please can you contact me at (505)2164906

17. drgrantstevens July 18, 2014 at 10:28 am #

Micah, this study has ended. Daisy, we’ll have someone contact you. Thank you both. WGS

18. Bobbie Tousant August 17, 2014 at 1:30 pm #

Does it really work

19. Quanda Montanez March 27, 2015 at 7:38 pm #

I have sagging skin! I cannot get rid of it.

• drgrantstevens March 28, 2015 at 10:42 am #

Hi Quanda – there are many ways to get rid of sagging skin depending on where it is located. We use Ultherapy, Venus, Thermage for example to firm up face and neck skin. Check out our website for more tips. http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com – WGS

20. Antionette ScottWebb March 31, 2015 at 9:02 pm #

I was inquiry about the free tummy tuck. How can I apply for one? What I need to do? If someone can call or contact me any information. I will be more than grateful.

• drgrantstevens April 1, 2015 at 7:03 am #

Hi there. This trial has been over for quite awhile, but we will be announcing new ones as they become available. That said, they do not happen frequently but keep an eye on this blog where we would let you know about them. WGS

• Stephanie September 6, 2015 at 1:21 pm #

Would there be another tummy tuck trial coming soon or next year?

• drgrantstevens September 6, 2015 at 1:35 pm #

Not at this time, but things change quickly. If there is another one, I will post it here and thanks for asking. WGS

21. Jill Williams September 24, 2015 at 7:50 am #

I’m nearly 60 years of age. I’ve lost 100 lbs. And can’t lose anymore and exercise because my tummy hangs very very low and causes severe rashes and pain between my shoulder blades.

• drgrantstevens September 24, 2015 at 9:22 am #

This is very typical after losing a lot of weight. Good for you though for taking your health so seriously. Perhaps you should schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon to see what can be done. Grant Stevens

22. La Sheenlaruba Tyacke March 13, 2016 at 1:32 pm #

I would love to participate and I do meet your basic criteria listed above if a TT trial reopens!

23. Michelle Bingham March 19, 2016 at 8:22 pm #

I’ve had three c- sections (cesareans embarrassed of my stomach been looking into having a tummy tuck the procedure too expensive

24. Celene Cazares June 21, 2016 at 12:33 am #

Interested in the tummy tuck study

• drgrantstevens June 24, 2016 at 1:41 pm #

Thanks. No study right now but will keep everyone posted if one opens up. WGS

25. Meloney Benjamin July 26, 2016 at 8:07 pm #

Meloneyb77@gmail.com
    I’m very interested in the study and I meet all the requirements please consider me 😆

• drgrantstevens August 1, 2016 at 6:52 pm #

This study is closed but we will post again if and when a new one opens up. Thank you! WGS

26. Lisa harris August 26, 2016 at 7:33 am #

I am 53 and need a tummy tuck it would telly change my life

• drgrantstevens August 27, 2016 at 10:33 am #

Thanks for your comment – it has changed many lives. WGS

27. Sarah Sylvester November 27, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

I am 42 years old and I’ve lost weight. I work out but cant get rid of my stomach. I would very much like to be considered for your clinical trial.

• drgrantstevens November 27, 2016 at 5:54 pm #

Thanks Sarah – that trial is closed but we will let you know if another opens up. WGS

28. Terri Cheek April 15, 2017 at 1:07 pm #

Any trials opened up yet for a tummy tuck